An overview of what makes La Clusaz so great
La Clusaz, just a stone’s throw away from Geneva, Annecy and Chamonix, is a hidden gem in the mountains. Traditional chalets are dotted in and around La Clusaz, making every view postcard perfect. La Clusaz accommodation varies from luxury chalet mountain retreats through to traditional wooden chalets in the centre of the village.
La Clusaz has been a farming village much longer than a ski resort, and it's possible to buy cheese, eggs and other local produce from the farmers directly.
Popular with French families, La Clusaz has activities for every age group. Kids will love the choice of two mini-golf courses and the summer luge, plus pony rides, chairlift rides, and weekly activities especially designed for children.
Thrill-seeking adults can choose from mountain biking, paragliding, via ferrata and climbing within La Clusaz, plus the nearby Bun-J Ride bungee jump, high ropes, canyoning, diving, paintballing, road biking, and more. Those after a slower pace of sports can enjoy golf, mountain hikes to refuges, flora and fauna walks, swimming in the outdoor swimming pool and yoga.
For those seeking serenity, take your pick of massages, saunas and jacuzzis. Enjoy the views from a chalet nestled between trees out of town, listening to the sounds and scents of the mountains. Indulge in the local produce from the farms and in the delicious restaurants in the centre of La Clusaz and further out of town.
The alpine weather is stunning in Spring, Summer and Autumn. The air is fresh and clean. After a stay in La Clusaz, you’ll feel healthy and rested no matter what you get up to!
- La Clusaz and Le Grand Bornand offer a huge variety of activities for every age group. From mountain biking to cheese festivals, the Aravis keeps everyone entertained.
- The French Alps boast a vast array of flora and fauna — all accessible by foot. Walk to one of the many refuges and enjoy a traditional Savoyarde lunch, or take one of the chairlifts or bubbles up and enjoy the walk down, stopping to pick berries along the way.
- With around 120 km of bike trails, La Clusaz can satisfy mountain bikers of all levels and ages.
- All the local villages are gorgeous, magical French mountain villages that you can enjoy while you relax over lunch.
- The villages of La Clusaz and Le Grand Bornand have more than 300 shops and a huge selection of restaurants for all tastes and budgets. And for those who want to party, there are 35 bars and 4 night clubs to explore.
- Due to the recently opened new motorway link, the transfer time from Geneva airport is under an hour. And the scenery along the way is beautiful.
- Play golf or mini-golf, go horseriding, try the summer toboggan runs, slip down the waterslides, enjoy the gorgeous views from outdoor swimming pools, try your hand at archery, fly above La Clusaz in a hot air balloon, go ice skating, play tennis or visit the gym — plus plenty of weekly activities especially for kids.
- Buy fresh produce from a farm and enjoy local dishes such as fondue, raclette and tartiflette. Sample genepi - the local tipple made from herbs!
- La Clusaz and Le Grand Bornand offer a huge range of activities especially for kids over summer, and most of them are free. Typical activities include mini high ropes, mini bike trials, birds of prey exhibitions, trampolines, supervised trapeze trials and much more.
- Why flock to the beach when you can enjoy secluded, sunny, warm days in the mountains?