Are you looking for an original idea to celebrate Valentine’s Day? A romantic place to celebrate a wedding anniversary or somewhere to spend your honeymoon? Or simply a destination for some time alone with your partner?
What about a stay in the mountains, in a romantic luxury chalet with a relaxation area, a fireplace, a cosy bedroom and perhaps even a hot tub or home cinema?
If this idea appeals to you, have a look at our selection of romantic chalets for an unforgettable break.
Romantic chalets in the Alps
OVO Network offers a selection of 120 luxury chalets throughout the Northern Alps for your dream holiday in the Alps. Whether you are going with your family, friends or as a couple, you are bound to find the perfect chalet for you.
To give you an idea, here is a selection of seven of our most beautiful romantic luxury chalets. All of them meet OVO Network’s criteria to be classified “as prestigious properties in the Alps”Cool for Couples” and are perfectly suited to accommodate parties of two.
Enjoy your visit!
1. Chalet Alpachic, La Clusaz
We’re starting with the magnificent Chalet Alpachic.
This luxury chalet really lives up to its name, with a chic and refined ambience. From the furnishings to the equipment and decor, every detail has been carefully thought out to ensure that you and your partner have the time of your life.
On the first floor, you’ll find a warm living room with a large corner sofa covered with throws and soft cushions around a central fireplace.
This space also opens onto the terrace with its outdoor living room, dining area and relaxation area. It’s the ideal spot for stargazing, sunbathing on the deckchairs, sipping a glass of champagne in the hot tub or a romantic al fresco dinner with a stunning mountain backdrop.
There are three large bedrooms on the first floor, one of which has a double bed and an en suite shower room with a view through the glass ceiling.
There’s a wonderful, peaceful atmosphere in every room, with a soft, natural colour palette and textiles.
2. Chalet Joux Verte, Les Gets
Soaking in the hot tub, relaxing in the sauna, drinking a hot drink in front of the fireplace or having breakfast in the sun with a mountain view – it’s the perfect combination for a romantic stay!
The owner of Chalet Joux Verte understands this completely and has planned everything to make sure you have a romantic holiday with your partner:
- The outdoor hot tub is positioned so that you can enjoy the panoramic view of Mont Chery.
- There’s a sauna to relax and unwind.
- You can curl up on the large sofa and watch a film in front of the fireplace.
- Prepare a romantic meal and enjoy it on the sunny terrace.
- Rest easy in the master bedroom with a double bed and en suite bathroom.
This prestigious property is also in an ideal location, less than an hour from the romantic resorts of Chamonix and Megève, so there is always something to do.
If you’d like to eat out, you can try one of the many Michelin-starred restaurants in the area. Examples include Flocons de Sel ★★★, La Dame de Pic – Le 1920 ★ and La Table de l’Alpaga ★★ in Megève or Albert 1er ★ in Chamonix.
There are also plenty of activities that you can enjoy as a couple, whatever the season;
- Go for a ride in a dog sled or a horse-drawn carriage.
- Take a helicopter flight over Mont Blanc.
- Go snowshoeing.
- Plan a spa treatment.
- Enjoy an aperitif in an igloo.
- Ride the Montenvers train.
You’re sure to return with plenty of memories together.
3. Chalet Bonnevie, Villards-sur-Thônes
Chalet Bonnevie also deserves a mention in the list of the most romantic luxury chalet in the Alps.
This property has everything you need for a romantic stay with your loved one:
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Cosy living room
- Master bedroom with a private bath
- Private garden seating area
This rental is also ideally located, just a short drive from the charming town of Annecy. Known as the Venice of the Alps, Annecy is an idyllic romantic destination in the mountains!
There are plenty of things to do as a couple to make your stay even more memorable. So, if you’d like to know more about what there is to do in Annecy, have a look at our suggestions in this article.
4. Chalet Hollygotty, La Clusaz
Let’s continue this selection with the superb five-star Chalet Hollygotty, located just a few kilometres from the resort of La Clusaz.
This luxury property is a perfect choice if you are planning a romantic getaway. Fully equipped and designed to accommodate couples, it meets the criteria expected of a romantic luxury chalet, such as:
- An outdoor hot tub.
- A sunny terrace with panoramic views of the mountains.
- A huge master bedroom with an en suite bedroom and WC.
- A pleasant living room with a large sofa and soft chairs arranged around the fireplace.
- A modern and cosy interior, which enhances the charm of this romantic property.
Whatever time of year you visit, there are bars, restaurants, events and activities in La Clusaz. Whether you are looking for sports activities, candlelit dinners, relaxation spots or cultural visits, you’re bound to find something to keep you entertained.
These articles could give you more inspiration:
- The best restaurants in La Clusaz
- A classical music festival with a twist
- La Clusaz: 5 summer activities to try
- The best hiking trails in La Clusaz
5. La Ferme à Juju, La Clusaz
If you’re looking for a chalet where you can stay with other couples, Ferme à Juju is just the place for you.
This luxury chalet offers spacious bedrooms, almost all of which have their own bathroom and balcony. There’s also a steam room and an outdoor hot tub where you can relax after a day of winter sports or hiking, so it’s the perfect place to get together with a group of couples!
It also has plenty of communal space and facilities where you can all get together, like the large kitchen, where you can cook delicious meals together.
In summer, enjoy aperitifs together on the south-facing terrace, and in winter catch up around the cosy fire.
6. Pralor Le Peille and Pralor Le Nova, Manigod-La Clusaz
Chalet Pralor Le Peille and its neighbour Pralor Le Nova are two ideal locations for a romantic stay! You will enjoy a breathtaking view, a large double bedroom with a private bathroom, a fireplace, a hammam and a jacuzzi.
Conveniently, these rentals are just a short distance from Manigod, a small resort which offers a wide range of activities.
Why not treat yourselves to a spa treatment in one of the wellness centres such as Akwaba or Aravis Massage, for example?
Finally, the romantic medieval town of Annecy and its lake are only 25 minutes away – perfect for a day out.
Stroll through its colourful streets then stop for lunch at Stéphane Dattrino’s small, intimate and family-run restaurant, L’Esquisse, for an unforgettable culinary journey.
End your day by exploring the banks of the lake or take to the clear waters in a pedal boat!
7. Chalet L’Otavalo, Manigod-La Clusaz
The final stop on our tour of the most beautiful romantic luxury chalets is Chalet L’Otavalo.
This charming renovated farmhouse is the perfect place for a romantic break. Its rustic and authentic feel gives it plenty of character and a unique ambience.
With its isolated setting, when you stay here you’ll really feel that you are escaping to your own little hideout.
Despite its remote nature, Chalet L’Otavolo is just a few kilometres from Manigod, and within easy reach of Annecy and Geneva. Couples can expect:
- A cosy lounge with large, comfortable sofas – the perfect place to drink hot chocolate and watch a film by the wood-burning stove on a cool autumn day. Or to plan your next summer hike over a glass of champagne.
- An outdoor spa where you can relax together and admire the beautiful view or perhaps the starry sky.
- A fully-furnished terrace for brunches and candlelit dinners, and an outdoor lounge for an aperitif on a mild spring evening.
- A beautiful balcony, draped with wisteria, offering a magnificent view of the Aravis mountains.
As you have seen, the Alps are an ideal destination for couples who want to get away from it all and enjoy some time together, far from their daily routine.
As well as selecting the destination for your mountain getaway, you must first choose the perfect chalet that meets all your desires and expectations. Here are a few articles to help you make your choice: